We Are Now in Japan
Summary:iFlash 3000 and SARS-CoV-2 detection kits were donated to the University of Tokyo Hospital.
Murakami Foundation and PWJ in Japan have recently donated YHLO iFlash 3000 chemiluminescence immunoassay analyzer and SARS-CoV-2 detection kits to University of Tokyo Hospital (UTH), one of the core clinical research hospitals in Japan, with the purpose of expanding its antibody testing for new coronavirus infection diagnosis. The donated products are expected to help UTH reduce “false negatives” and create "immunity passports".
Research suggests that those who become infected with the coronavirus may not show symptoms. The high percentage of infected yet asymptomatic people could explain the spread of the coronavirus. Also, some occidental countries have begun to test people who have already recovered from infection and are immune to the virus. Many people with coronavirus have mild symptom, and may have antibodies without realizing it by them. If these people can be medically identified, it is an important indicator for government to take actions and may eventually lead to improvement in economic and medical situation.
In Japan, antibody test is in urgent need. With the donated iFlash 3000 and SARS-CoV-2 IgG and IgM assay kits, a large number of antibody tests could be performed. By testing SARS-CoV-2 IgM and IgG kits in chemiluminescence immunoassay (CLIA) method, the titer of antibodies in human blood can be accurately measured. The University of Tokyo Hospital and the University of Tokyo Advanced Research Institute for Cancer and Metabolism Project will collaborate to carry out the following two studies:
- Combine PCR and antibody test to collect data on the possibility of reducing “false negatives”.
- Through follow-up of patients with high titer of SARS-CoV-2 IgG antibody test, they can investigate whether early termination of infection called "immune passport" and reduction of re-infection rate can be expected.
For this purpose, the above studies require a secure and automated instrument that can offer accurate antibody testing results. This is exactly what YHLO iFlash 3000 brings:
Results within 30 minutes
- Large sample processing capacity (up to 140 samples onboard)
- Continuous loading of samples and consumables
- Fully automation system can reduce manual work and aerosol contamination risk
- Excellent combination of IgG and IgM CLIA assays with good sensitivity and specificity